The daily post: Numbers
This time it is quite a challenge. As a matter of fact, every time the daily post is a challenge! 🙂 Cheri Lukas Rolands invites us to choose one of 10 numbers. So I choose number 10: 10 favourite posts from your blog, 10 reasons why.
I have this blog for very long, since September 2010 and before that I had another blog which I deleted, ‘Madele oor leef.’ So, after more than 6 years, it is really difficult to choose my 10 favorites, as I can’t remember them all!
- Years ago I did uplifting work with the workers’ children on our farm. I think my first blog post ever was about the work I did. It really wasn’t hard work, I played with them. Encouraged by the movie, Invictus, and the World Soccer that was in South Africa, we ordered a yellow T-shirt for every person on our farm. Then we had a soccer day with the children, I bought a soccer cake, Uncle Wienand and Aunty Etta joined us and bought vuvuzela’s, and we had a feast!
- We had a dairy next to our home with lots of workers. When the dairy closed, we didn’t have so many children on the farm anymore. The children also grew up and one day I decided to stop the work with the children. I had to do other things then. This Afrikaans blog post lies me very near to the heart. It was the end of an era.
- I love it to make a joke of myself, and a lot of my blog posts tell such stories. Kameel reminded me today of the day that I introduced myself as somebody else because I really forgot who I was! Unfortunately, this blog post is also written in Afrikaans, but please do translate it, you won’t be sorry! 🙂
- Another really embarrassing blog post! Oh, one can make a fool of oneself!
- On this blog we make jokes, we tell stories, we try to help people. One day I was totally disheartened. I didn’t know what to do. Then I went down on my knees, cried my heart out to God, I told Him my problems. Then I felt a better and wrote this blog, a blog that so many people who are in the same situation, read.
As I try not to write more than 400 words per blog post and I am halfway with this challenge, it will be continued in a next blog post.
Toortsie se Bantingboerekos Facebook page
Toortsie se Facebook page
Finesse Blogger van die week
Toortsie by Finesse: Dis oestyd in die Overberg
Toortsie’s LCHF Journey
Toortsie op Pinterest